In honor of Dr. Seuss’s birthday and Read Across America on March 2nd we are having a special story and Dr. Seuss craft!
- Paper plates
- Craft (or Popsicle) sticks
- Black construction paper
- Black pipe cleaners
- Or black construction paper
- Print out hat and bow
- We cut ours out before hand because I am expecting a lot of younger children
- I used a free template found at TeachEzy
- Cut out cat ears or create a template for children to trace
- Cut the middle of the paper plates
- Glue craft sticks to the plates
How to Make:
- Color hat and bow
- Glue the hat and bow onto the plate
- Glue the ears onto the plate
- Poke the pipe cleaners into the side of the plate for whiskers
- Or glue down strips of black construction paper
- Take pictures!
This is a really cute and simple craft that helps celebrate all of the wonder and magic that is Dr. Seuss! Children get a kick out of making the mask and even more wearing it. I love to hear the different voices children make when they put a mask on.