Time to put up a new interactive flannel board! I have come across a lot of Christmas Tree flannel boards on pinterest, like this one, and have been thinking about making one. After much consideration (a whole 5 minutes) I decided I’d rather make something seasonal and non-Holiday related that I can leave up for longer, that’s when I decided to make a mix and match snowman flannel board.
So…. do you want to build a snowman?
Check out these fashionable snowmen (or snowwomen if you’d prefer)!
- A winter hat, twig hair and earmuffs are the perfect accessories to keep our snowmen warm.
- An assortment of buttons to match every outfit.
- Three sets of boots – fancy, plain and casual snow slippers.
- Of course, we couldn’t forget snowmen neck wear, there are scarves and even a necktie.
- And last but not least, mittens to keep those twig hands nice and toasty.
This flannel board has been a hit in the Children’s Department and I am constantly wanting to make more accessories for it! I did end up drawing the faces onto the snowmen because little coal smiles and eyes kept going missing. It took a while to create all of the pieces but luckily it is a fun task for me (who doesn’t like to be paid to make crafts!). To create the pieces I looked at clipart images and drew them by hand onto a piece of felt.
Don’t you want to go build a snowman now?!?